MPP Events 2017
- Feb. 6th. MPP Professional Development, 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Formal group feedback for every MPP student who submitted a mock job application. Next steps – social media as well as job search & interview fundamentals.
- Feb. 8th. MPP Professional Development, 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Optional/SPP meeting rooms.
Drop-in session with Geoff . One on one discussions, re: Jobs/professional development/mentorship, etc. *Please email Geoff, a few days before to make an appointment.
- Feb. 9th. MPP Professional Development, 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Optional/SPP meeting rooms.
Drop-in session with Geoff. One on one discussions, re: jobs/professional development/mentorship, etc. *Please email Geoff, a few days before to make an appointment.
- Feb. 13th. MPP Professional Development: 12:00 p.m. – 1:15 p.m. Nexen, Early career MPP jobs – where have MPP graduates started and how did they get there? Geoff and MPP alumni guests. MPP interactive discussion: 1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m., Nexen, MPP interactive discussion with Shantel Jordison, Manager, ERGP and her team to discuss their roles at The School.
- February 14th. SPP Lunch & Learn, Nexen. Optional. Judit Fabian, SPP postdoc scholar. Topic: Gender and Trade: Implications for Global Economic Governance.
- Feb. 27. MPP P.D. Session, Nexen, 11:45 a.m. – 12:45 p.m. External speaker TBA: How to make your job application and your job candidacy stand out.
MPP Speaker Series, 1:15 p.m. – 3:00 p.m., Nexen, Hugh Stephens, Executive Fellow, SPP, Senior Fellow, Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada.
- Feb. 28. SPP Lunch & Learn, 12 p.m. – 1 p.m. Nexen. Optional. MPP Director Ron Kneebone: ‘The Welfare-Employment Trade-Off: What is the Reality?’
Conference Board of Canada webinar, 1 p.m.- 2 p.m. Nexen. Optional. ‘Major Project Agreements and Indigenous Communities: Finding the Win-Win’.
- March 20th. Ian Matheson, Senior Faculty Member at Canada School of Public Service and former Executive Director, Defence and Immigration Division, Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat, speaking to MPP students.
For information regarding any of these events, please contact Geoff Webb, Senior Advisor, Master of Public Policy Program at (403) 210- 6861 or firstname.lastname@example.org