Indigenous Businesses and Procurement: Transforming Industry Engagement
Watch the Webinar
Procurement policies that promote Indigenous businesses have been an important part of the economic growth many Indigenous communities are currently experiencing. Mining, oil & gas, and infrastructure projects have led the way, spending billions of dollars on Indigenous procurement every year.
This panel will look at the process and impacts of Indigenous procurement spending from an Indigenous business perspective, and examine how procurement spending has evolved over the past ten years. Panelists will share best practices and lessons learned based on real world examples, and will identify opportunities for Indigenous business growth going forward.
- John Desjarlais Jr., General Manager, Great Plains Contracting
- Judy Desjarlais, President, Top Notch Oilfield Services
- Des Dumais, President, Kihew Fabco
- Shawn McDonald, President, Resource One Aboriginal Business Association
- Moderator: Heather Exner-Pirot, Research Advisor, Indigenous Resource Network
There is no cost to register. The webinar will be hosted via Zoom. Please share this with those who might be interested.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.