A completed reference consists of the Reference Form for Admission completed by the referee and a separate letter of reference.
- Reference Form for Admission (Form)
- Reference Letter- the reference letter should have your evaluation of the applicant’s merits and shortcomings in these general areas:
- Academic ability and record – applicant’s general knowledge relevant to the field or area of focus and background preparation relevant to the program being applied for
- Research ability and record – originality and ability to synthesize ideas, analytical thinking, skill at research design, quality of any research produced, familiarity with techniques and methodology of the field or area of focus, ability to express ideas clearly and to discuss critically
- Language ability — applicant’s language and communication ability as revealed in any roles involving activities such as presentation of reports and in general speaking ability. If English is not the applicant’s first language, please comment on his/her proficiency in English
- Professional experience and skill — applicant’s experience and skills relevant to the program and field or area of focus
NOTE: Please ensure each page of the letter of reference has the applicant’s name noted on it and is dated and signed.