MPP Career Development
As a student in the University of Calgary Master of Public Policy program, you are invited to participate in a range of career and professional development opportunities to broaden your skills and experience.
“What sets The School apart is its hands-on curriculum and the opportunities it creates for students to network at the highest level.”
Jasmine Brown, ‘12
Senior Manager, Stakeholder Relations and Policy
Institute of Health Economics
Professional Development Workshops
Enhance your research, writing, and leadership skills with a range of workshops offered throughout the course of the program.
- Strategic Resume Writing
- Networking For Success
- Effective Presentation Skills
- Advanced Research Skills
- Stress and Time Management
- Leadership Development
Internal and External Events
Our signature MPP Speakers Series brings in policy leaders from the public and private sector to speak with the MPP class about the issues they’re working on, as well as their own career development.
We also offer:
- MPP lunch and learns
- School of Public Policy professional luncheons
- Policy-relevant volunteer opportunities
- Networking events within the Calgary non-profit and business sectors
- MPP Capstone Symposium
As an MPP student, you’ll have one-on-one policy-focused career planning support from the dedicated School of Public Policy Career Advisor.
- Resume, cover letter and interview preparation
- MPP-focused job search platforms
- Career fairs
- Local, national and international internship opportunities
- School of Public Policy Research Assistantships
MPP Alumni Network and Mentorship Initiative
Expand your network before you finish the program by connecting with our active MPP alumni through the MPP Student-Alumni mentorship initiative. If you’re interested in being mentored, or mentoring, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.