Financial Challenges of an Aging Population
Fairmont Château Laurier
1 Rideau Street, Ottawa
Canada’s population is aging – fast. Is Canada headed towards a demographic freight train that will derail balanced budgets, a sustainable health care system and dependable retirement income? What are the trends that we should be most worried about, and what are the public policy fixes, if any, that can get Canada’s social programs back on track without stealing from future generations?
Please join Jack Mintz as The School of Public Policy and Cirano host a symposium that seeks to answer those questions. The stakes are high. Join us in a search for solutions.
- Louis Adam, School of Actuarial Science
- Yves Carrière, University of Montreal
- Michael Decter, LDIC Inc.
- Alain Dubuc, La Presse
- Herb Emery, The School of Public Policy
- Martha Hall Findlay, The School of Public Policy
- Malcolm Hamilton, C.D. Howe Institute
- Pierre-Carl Michaud, ESG Université du Québec à Montréal
- Moshe Milevsky, Schulich School of Business
- Jack Mintz, The School of Public Policy
- Claude Montmarquette, CIRANO
- Fabrice Morin, McKinsey & Co., Montreal
- Norma Nielson, The School of Public Policy
- Henri-Paul Rousseau, Power Corporation of Canada
- Fred Vettese, Morneau Shepell
- Tim Welsh, McKinsey & Company
Please click here to view the program.
Please click here to view the French program.