Professional Development as an MPP student
As an MPP student you have numerous opportunities to add to your network of contacts by attending events with public policy leaders, alumni and employers.
This link Connecting Masters of Public Policy student and employers @ SPP is a U Today story/video re-cap of October’s event at SPP where we brought together a range of employers, current students, graduating students and faculty members.
In addition to the weekly MPP Speaker Series where working professionals from numerous policy related fields visit the School for an interactive discussion with students, The School enables students to build their professional capabilities through sessions such as:
- creating job application documents for paid internships and post-graduation employment
- social media and your job search
- interview techniques
- understanding the hiring cycle of various federal government departments
- recruitment in the private sector and not for profit realm
- how to leverage your capstone for employment-related purposes
- ways to develop and sustain relationships with MPP alumni in Calgary, Canada, and beyond
- professional development options available at the University of Calgary main campus
- opportunities in the City of Calgary to meet numerous professionals and build local contacts