Information Warfare: Social Media on the Frontline
In a society dependent upon social media for the free flow of information, mobilization of social media for sinister purposes increasingly threatens social cohesion and international relations. From social bots to manipulating elections to legal regulations, our panel of speakers will address the vulnerabilities that accompany social media use.
Presented by CMSS, ISPIA and The School of Public Policy, this conference brings together experts to discuss where our society must be vigilant, and how our institutions can better use the information that we all circulate.
- Nik Nanos, Nanos Research
- Michelle Rempel Garner, Member of Parliament
- John Ferris, Centre for Military, Security and Strategic Studies
- Jean-Christophe Boucher, The School of Public Policy
- Joel Reardon, University of Calgary
- Emily Laidlaw, University of Calgary
- Lisa Young, The School of Public Policy
Click here to view the full program
University of Calgary Downtown Campus
906 8th Ave SW
Registration fee: $40
Student registration: Free with UCID
Registration includes lunch.
Please share this invitation with colleagues who may be interested in attending.
For questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org